Let’s talk about the most important reasons you should hire a wedding planner. A few years ago, I started requiring wedding planners for all events that I’m commissioned to photograph. Although I understand why couples are hesitant, it’s the most important key roles to hire for your vendor team. My short answer, when asked, is that often times, that role gets put on the mother, aunt, friend or even photographer. The long answer as to why you should hire a wedding planner is because there are hundreds of decisions and tasks to be made the day of, along with making sure each team member is running on time, the next portion of the celebration can begin without issues and there is someone to go run to the local store and purchase backup umbrellas or socks for the groom because he forgot his.
I asked a few of Colorado’s most recognizable wedding planners for their unique perspectives on why planners are a necessity and what makes them unique.
Can you elaborate on why couples should hire a wedding planner?
While the day is celebrating the bride and groom, it is also a huge day for the parents, grandparents, family and friends. The thought of having mom run around making sure the napkins are folded correctly or the wedding cake arrived, we think leaving that to someone outside the family is best. At my own wedding my mom was always running around and not enjoying any of the moments with me and looking back that was so sad to me. So we make a point to make sure we take care of all the details prior to the wedding as well as on day of, allowing the client and their families to truly enjoy this beautiful day. I think what makes us unique is who we are as a person and a wedding planner. We are down to earth and listen to our clients needs, wants and desires. Then we take that and create a vision they can see for themselves on their wedding day. We find it most important to be ourselves and still represent that through the planning process and on the day of.
Please share a few of your thoughts on why couples should hire a wedding planner?
In all honesty, you don’t have to hire a wedding planner and we realize you can certainly plan your own wedding. We all are equipped with the skills to do great things out of our comfort level. We could remodel our own bathroom and I am sure we would be ok with the end result. But, will it come together seamlessly and will the design look like those gorgeous Instagram photos we’ve been saving. Doubtful. Whenever we have taken on projects like this to save money, I always say, “next time, we are hiring a professional to do this!!”.
Wedding planners have the years behind them to know what works, what doesn’t, which vendors are rockstars, and have a design eye for events. You may have another bathroom you will next time hire a professional to remodel so that its stress-free and done properly. But you only have one shot for your wedding. Feeling overwhelmed or underwhelmed with the way everything comes together is the worst way to feel on such an important day in your life. Enjoy it, and hire someone to allow you to do just that. What makes you unique in the Colorado market?
Every planner has their strengths and Colorado is full of amazingly talented people. While I am sure we share many qualities with these other planners, we do strive to be seriously design focused and great friends with our clients. Pulling inspiration from their life experiences is so fun to see come to life on wedding day. We are not trying to reinvent the wheel and blow peoples minds. Rather, we focus on intimacy, elegance, purpose, and intention. With this mindset, the most sweet and beautiful details come out naturally.
Our company is also very community focused so the vendors we work with are our team through and through. We don’t want all the glory and couldn’t do it without the sheer talents of the people we refer to our clients. Because of this, I think we all work together like a well oiled machine on the wedding weekend. We are all there for each other for the same goal…to make it special for the clients who hired us. This wedding community is very special and we do everything we can to make sure the vendors we work with know we notice how hard they work and what a joy it is to be around them.
What are 5 reasons couples should hire a planner?
- Wedding Planners are on your team. Planners are there to protect your investment and make your wedding everything you dreamed of and more. They can help you negotiate with vendors and find creative ways to get the most bang for your buck!
- We have done this before. They bring years of experience and lessons learned. They know the tricks of the trade and will keep an eye out for any red flags throughout the planning process.
- Planners are unbiased. You can run your vision by them, and they can provide constructive feedback from their years of experience in the industry. They don’t have the same level of personal involvement that your family or friend might have (and that can be a good thing)!
- They have connections. Skilled wedding planners have connections to vendors that they know and trust. They can recommend the very best vendors for your big day based on your personality, style, and budget. Some vendors will even offer you a discount if you are working with a trusted wedding planner!
- Wedding Planners can take your stress away. Your wedding day is one of the few days where you get to be swept off your feet surrounded by all of your favorite people. Your wedding planner will be running around behind the scenes to make sure that you don’t have to worry about logistics on one of the most important days of your life.